Professional Writing and Editing Services
Thank you for considering me as your editor!
At this time, I’m only considering small projects such as query letters and synopses as I am fully booked with full-length manuscript edits until January 2023. I tend to be booked out months in advance. If I’m unable to assist you due to timing, I highly recommend the editors listed here.
Developmental editing focuses on the structure and content of the work. I think of this as the first umbrella of editing–and the most important. If your story or message isn’t working, it doesn’t matter if it’s grammatically correct.
- This level of edit is an in-depth critique of your plot, story structure, character developmental, dialogue, pacing, setting, audience and genre, and other story-related aspects.
- Pricing is based on word count and shape and status of manuscript. Each manuscript will receive a free sample edit with a personalized bid for services. Word count pricing generally starts at .02 per word.
- For a second round of line edits, pricing generally starts at .025 per word.
- In-depth look at your message, theme, chapter structures, organization, and flow of the work.
- Pricing is based on word count and shape and status of manuscript. Each manuscript will receive a free sample edit with a personalized bid for services. Word count pricing generally starts at .025 per word.
- Some nonfiction works begin as merely ideas or outlines. An organizational edit can help you evaluate your content, identify theme or message, and solidify and outline. These edits come before a developmental edit and begin at $375, based on the amount of content needed to evaluate and if an outline already exists.
- For a second round of line edits, pricing generally starts at .03 per word.
Line and Copy Editing
- This level of editing focuses on your writing–how you use the language to tell your story or message. This edit will help you tighten your sentences and paragraphs, eliminate wordiness, get rid of cliches and overuse/misuse of similes and metaphors, remove repetition, and other prose-related issues.
- Pricing is based on word count and shape and status of manuscript. Each manuscript will receive a free sample edit with a personalized bid for services. For line edits only, word count pricing generally starts at .02 per word. For substantive (developmental and line), pricing generally starts at .025 per word.
- This is the grammar-level. This edit will correct grammar, punctuation, usage, and other mechanical related issues, following the Chicago Manual of Style guidelines.
- I do not do copyedits only. I will include this type of edit after a developmental edit as part of a line editing second round; however, please be advised that I highly recommend a second, fresh set of eyes on your manuscript. If you are only seeking copyediting, please contact Michele Preisendorf and let her know I referred you!
Query Letters, Synopses, and Book Proposals
- In-depth look at your query, from the hook to synopsis and closing paragraphs.
- Pricing starts at $75 per letter.
- From scratch or from an outline, your query letter written with the aid of your synopsis, making sure there is a hook, a concise synopsis, and appropriate closing paragraphs.
- Pricing starts at $125 per letter.
- Focuses on tightening your synopsis to only your main plot, concentrating on story arc, major novel events, and the story’s ending.
- Pricing starts at $125 per synopsis for content only; $150 for copy and content; $75 for copy only.
- Ensures your proposal contains all necessary components, such as overview, target audience, marketing plan, comparative titles, while also ensuring those components are accurate for the work.
- Pricing starts at $225 per proposal for content only; $300 for copy and content; $85 for copy only.
Web and Blog Content Editing
- In-depth look at your article’s theme, topic, paragraph structure, and organization. Includes a second-round line and copy edit.
- Pricing starts at $75 per article.
Professional Writing Services
I’m an experienced writer and can offer a variety of writing services, from web and blog content to ghostwriting stories, novellas, novels, and nonfiction books. Prices are generally $125 an hour and include research time, client-writer interview and phone time, and creative time for writing. Please contact me for an individualized bid.